Thursday, October 25, 2007

Freud would be pleased!

Started reading Dostoevsky’s, the Brothers Karamazov, it is very hard to put down. If ever there was an award for pretentious displacement activity, other than keeping a blog, then this would be it!

For the proposal, I have been reading cognitive formulations of psychosis (extremely convincing) and Laing. Actually, Laing is now on my top 3 people I would like to meet, I think he was misunderstood and feared due to what he pointed at and represented one of the great thinkers of the last 50 years. I do not agree with everything he says but he seems more relevant to psychiatry today than ever.

Been on fire today viz a viz writing really starting get there and really enjoying the reading around it. Set myself a deadline of next Friday, 2 November 2007. Eeeek!

No comments: