Friday, December 7, 2007

In the Meantime...

So the PhD proposal has been received and it is working its way through the system...

...in the meantime I have begun a new project working for a Malaysian NGO offering medical and humanitarian relief to disaster zones. They have retained me to develop and implement a psychosocial programme.

So far I have presented a successful project plan, implementation rationale and timeline to create and implement an internal and external psychosocial strategy and training. This will include a methodology, field manual, filed work and extensive training of staff and volunteers. I haven’t quite figured how this will fit with my PhD.

May have to either a. adjust the PhD focus, b. Put a limit on the project time. Need to give it all careful consideration as it could potentially affect quite a lot of people.

No comments: